Many people ask us where they should stay in Estes Park. Truth, there isn’t a bad place to stay. I do suggest checking Trip Advisor though. Sure, you have to filter through some average complainers, but you’ll get a good idea.
Even though my wife and I have always lived in Estes, we have stayed at just about every place up here. I can tell you from our experience that Trip Advisor is pretty much right on the money.
Listed below are some places we like to recommend.
- Silver Moon Inn — Nice people, clean and comfortable beds, private balcony, free breakfast, river outside your door, 1 minute walk to downtown. We like the fireplace room and the second or third floor alot.
- Annie’s Mountain Retreat — One of our favorites. Annie is awesome and her cabins all have private hot tubs. We especially liked the Carriage House. We stayed there for our 20th anniversary.
- The Maxwell Inn — Very cool people, extremely accommodating, 2 minute walk to downtown, close to RMNP, clean and nice place.
- The Stanley Hotel — I have to admit, we were disappointed with the quality of the room compared to the price you pay. However, the beauty of the hotel makes up for it. We stayed in room 403 (Lord Dunraven haunted room). I’m only going to tell you this; we are both very skeptical, but by 2am we realized something wasn’t right with this place. Don’t ask me what happened, I still don’t know. I just know we didn’t sleep and we left at 4am. I will also tell you I know people that have worked there over the years. Not one of those people is skeptical anymore.
- Loveland Heights Cottages — Affordable cabins on the river and only a few minutes from Estes Park.
- KOA campground — Nice owners, great staff, nice place with full RV hookups and even some small cabin rentals. Right across from the lake, go-carts, the mountain shop, Sombrero ranch, the distillery and us.
- Columbine Inn — Very affordable rooms at this motel, yet they are clean, comfortable, and nice. Every one of the suites is a great bang for the buck and come with cool options. We really like this place.
- Estes Park Condos — We spent a couple days in one of their places just to get out of our place for a while. We did it on a whim and couldn’t have been happier. Nice place, nice quality, nice setting next to the river, easy people to work with. Great for larger families. Loved it and we will go back.
- Rocky Mountain Resorts — They have more places than you can shake a stick at. Prices range from affordable to expensive. However, everything is pretty good quality. We have stayed at a 3 different places. All were cabins at different price levels. Every experience was good.
- Swift Current Lodge — We have special memories here. This is where my wife and I met 25 years ago. I should say, this was the first place we stayed a week after we met. Special night we will never forget. Nice cabins, romantic area, and next to the two best restaurants in town.
- Rustic River Cabins — Affordable cabins next to the river and just a few minutes from Estes. Great people and easy to work with.
- Streamside on Fall River — Very nice resort with small and large cabins. If you appreciate quality, this is the place for you. They have it all. Close to downtown and RMNP. Beautiful setting, great people, and an awesome Estes Park experience.
There are lots of new places in Estes we haven’t stayed. As we stay at these places, we will update the site. Thanks for looking and enjoy your stay in Estes, your gonna love it.